Religion and Contemporary Studies Dept.
Read the information below and make sure to follow the link at the bottom of the page to activate your course.
All of our online courses meet the goals outlined in the curriculum documents and course assessment charts by making connections to everyday life and using lesson lesson assignments to focus on key concepts and expectations.
Courses are designed to be completed in approximately 6 weeks followed by an RST.
All RSTs are worth 30% of your final mark in grades 9 - 12 Open courses Your lessons will be worth the remaining 70%.
University level courses' RSTs are worth 10% and exams are worth 20% of your final mark. Your lessons will be worth the remaining 70%.
You should log in to your course for 5 days each week. This involves actively reading one or more of the content links.
You should also submit 3 lessons per week. However, if you find that meeting this expectation is too difficult due to personal circumstances in your life, such as work and children, you must email your teacher to discuss possible accommodations.
Our department teachers are available for course help by email, phone, or in person. You can come in every day to work, only when you need our help, or just when you need to write an RST. If you choose to come in, please review the COVID-19 precautions listed on the main page.
You will be given (by your teacher) a student Gmail account to communicate with your teacher and type up and save lesson assignments in its word processor document software drive.
Every time you submit an assignment, it automatically gets processed through Turnitin. Turnitin is an online database of essays and texts, and is used to check for plagiarism.
Copying (plagiarism) answers of any work either from the internet or other students is forbidden. Therefore, it is important that you always reference any sources that you used to help you with your assignments and use quotation marks for direct quotes.